When I think back a year I realize how much my life has changed! I have added not one but THREE dogs to the pack and met so many amazing people along the way. The change from watching my dogs show to actually competing with my dogs has filled my heart.
I have had to learn how to present a table breed dog as well as the grooming (thank you Hamilton for being a breed that is basically fluff and go!) and I finished two of my three dogs and the third is halfway to finishing their Championships.
Mostly I have had FUN – in the NOHS Toy Group I am one half of team Peke N Poo (I love Judy Bowman!) and the competitors in the Tibbie and Peke rings have become my friends. For me it is not about the ribbons but the journey however lets also be honest – the ribbons are cool too! I have my first group placement with Eliza and multiple NOHS placements with Eliza and Hami
So What About 2023?
Immediate goal is to get this *^(%$ cast off and get back in the ring! But my priorities are as follows
- Finish Angelica’s AKC Championship
- Complete Hamilton and Eliza’s Grand Championships
- NOHS Bronze Grand Champion for Eliza and Hamilton
- Top 20 Breed and All Breed for both Eliza and Hamilton
- Qualify for NOHS Finals with Hamilton and Eliza
- Group Placement for Hamilton
- NOHS Group win with a Peke or Tibbie
- Show at one or more major event
The next set will probably take a bit more time but I feel like if I put them in writing it makes them more concrete:
- Win a regular Group and compete in Best in Show
- Win an NOHS Best in Show
- Win a breed at a major show
- Win a breed at a National Specialty or Specialty show
- Breed my own litter and compete in bred by
- Try some performance events with the kids